Monday, July 11, 2005

Roy Blake named best new furniture by Texas Monthly Magazine

Texas Monthly magazine has come out with its list of the best and worst legislators of the 79th Session. My local rep, Roy Blake, was named best new furniture. The term is an insult meant to convey uselessness. I think its a tad harsh as he was a good little Republican soldier and voted the party line on everything.

The chair of the House Education committee, Kent Grusendorf, who is pretty much the arch enemy of public schools in Texas, was named one of the worst legislators, an honor he very richly deserves. I tend to have some very un-Christian thoughts about Grusendorf. In fact, I hope there is a special place in hell for people like him, who place more value on money than people.

Not very nice of me, but then again I've never claimed to be an angel.

1 comment:

Time Bandit said...

I think its a tad harsh as he was a good little Republican soldier and voted the party line on everything.

I can't tell if that's supposed to be sarcasm or not. It should be sarcasm. There's nothing wrong with being a Republican, but there's a lot wrong with being elected to represent 70,000 of your neighbors in Austin yet never once deviating from what your party leaders tell you to do.

--Bucky
a Brown Bag Blog