Thursday, April 20, 2006

Even Bill O'Reilly agrees with me, we're getting screwed

In a post entitled "You Are Being Gouged by U.S. Oil Companies: O'Reilly says:

It has nothing to do with supply and demand. It's all about exploiting fears about Iran, terrorism, what might happen down the road.


I agree the oil companies are gouging us and said so last week. I disagree with O'Reilly's assertion though that he has been pointing it out for a year. However, he is correct in saying oil and gasoline stockpiles are the highest they have been in years.

Is it a coincidence that just as prices started to stabilize and drop some last week the Bush govt. "leaks" that it is considering a military strike against Iran? Suddenly prices go through the roof again.

O'Reilly has a poll where you can indicate if you agree the oil companies are gouging us.

As for the rest of us we get to bend over and take it.

4 comments:

EHT said...

I saw that same 'talking points memo' myself. My husband had brought up the boycott thing last summer---even my pastor talked about it on Sunday. I agree that cutting back is a good idea. I'm trying, but do you think it will really work? It would be great if it could.

Mike in Texas said...

From what little I know, my local gas is all controlled by basically one company. If I refuse to buy it from the Exxon/Mobil station I'm still getting it from the same source where ever I buy it. I don't think a boycott would work.

Anonymous said...

I do recall O'Reilly saying the very same things when prices last went sky high. He was talking about how we were getting taken and Neal Boortz was talking about it just being supply and demand and that the prices weren't "too high".

Was that almost a year ago? I didn't think it was quite that long ago. I recall the prices climbed sharply, execs were called before Congress and remarkably prices dropped dramatically the next week.

(Later the execs were called before Congress again, and that time they refused. It doesn't seem to have been too long ago.)

Mike in Texas said...

Could be Julie, I do know that in the short time Dubya has been talking about investigating price gouging prices at the local gas stations have come down 10 - 15 cents a gallon.