Saturday, May 20, 2006

It's all in the family


I'm very proud to say that my niece, Ms. Deemer, has been selected as Teacher of the Year for her elementary school. Unfortunately, her school's website doesn't publish such silly things but I did manage to find this picture of her. She's the one with her back to the camera writing down information.

Needless to say I'm very proud of her. She and her husband were refugees from Hurricane Katrina, fled to Houston, nearly took jobs with Houston ISD but decided to return home and work to rebuild their schools.

Incidentally, I'm her favorite uncle, although she has repeatedly told me there's not that much competition so I shouldn't be too proud of that fact.

2 comments:

Amerloc said...

Took the liberty of e-mailing a congratulatory note to her at the school's addy. Wonder if they'll get the point...

On the other side of the coin, though, I wouldn't want to be a school's webmaster. Too often that job is piggy-backed on myriad other responsibilities, and ends up being one of those slap-something-together kinds of things that keeps the principal off your back for another twenty minutes.

Dan Edwards said...

Congratulations to your niece ! That is quite an honor ! She done good!