Monday, August 14, 2006

My 14th First Day

My 14th first day has come and gone and I have to admit it was a pleasant one.

Our school was absolutely immaculate, with floors polished till you could have eaten off of them. I didn't see even one student crying, which was a first for me. On the first day of school us teachers who don't have regular classrooms, called "the special pops" teachers, do foyer duty helping kids and parents find rooms and room assignments. We usually have a long line of parents who waited till the last minute to register their kids for school, but even that was absent this year.

I didn't have any Science lab classes, they will start tomorrow, and the 3 classes that came to computer lab were very well behaved.

The IT technician came by and made sure all the computers were working properly for the Read 180 teacher, and the even the head of the technology dept. stopped in and asked if all our computers were working.

My principal said everything went so well she was worried we'd have a really bad day to even things out. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

All in all, we couldn't have asked for a better first day.

5 comments:

CaliforniaTeacherGuy said...

Some other teacher-bloggers weren't as fortunate as you--there's some bitching going on out there! Lovely for you that things went smoothly. May the placidity of the first day augur well for the rest of the year.

"Ms. Cornelius" said...

Hey, good for you! We start tomorrow.

Mister Teacher said...

Excellent!! We had a pretty good first day too, it was just long, with no "specials" classes--ie music or art, and a shortened recess due to the 102ยบ heat.

EHT said...

Don't you kinda feel like you entered into some kind of alternate universe since everything went so well? I hope it continues for you......I'm still waiting on the one connecting wire from my computer monitor to my brand new 36" tv so I can pop my powerpoints up on it. The tech guy says it's on order.....it must be somewhere in that alternative universe somewhere.

Mike in Texas said...

MisterTeacher,

You guys have art AND music???

We've also been without recess. The heat index, right about the time I go to go outside to car rider duty, was 110