Friday, February 11, 2005

Automobiles and automobile companies

I've learned a great deal in the last two months about dealing with auto companies. My wife's 3 year old Honda Odyssey required a new transmission (it only had 66, 000 miles). After a little persuasion on my part Honda agreed to pay for the new transmission and its installation even though the vehicle was out of warranty.

At the same time my less than one year old Nissan Frontier (a pickup truck, as required for all males by Texas law) had a torsion rod (it supports the frame and body) break due to a manufacturing defect and Nissan does not have a replacement part in stock anywhere in the country. Needless to say I had a chat with Nissan customer support and they are paying for a rental car for the next month even though its usually not covered. Luckily for me the only rental available was a 2005 Mustang so for once in my life I can say I have a cool car.

No comments: