Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Grusendorf goes down!!!!

Kent Grusendorf, the anti-public school/charter crusader who is the head of the Texas House Committee on Education has lost in the Republican primary for his district. Grusendorf is almost singlehandedly responsible for making sure Texas schools are perpetually underfunded . Stories will follow later.

Over at Joanne Jacobs I managed to get in another pissing match, but this time I didn't even know I was involved! In a post entitle, "Out of Control" a group of "reformers" started hurling insults my way when I hand't even commented on the story. Ah, gotta love that "compassionate conservative" crowd!

3 comments:

Amerloc said...

Glad to see that news, Mike.

Re: Joanne Jacobs

When I'm on the road, I only hit my short list. I'll check it out Friday or Saturday when I get home.

Mike in Texas said...

Gee Allen, I didn't get in on the post until you guys starting slinging the insults, so lets see hwo many times you can recite the anti-public school mantra:

1. public schools bad
2. teachers bad
3. crooked businessmen good
4. any Republican good
5. anyone who has never been a teacher must be extremely knowledgable, more so than any professional educator

Thanks for the link, the pinball coffee table looks pretty interesting.

Anonymous said...

I've been amused at the various commenters at Joanne Jacobs's site who slam on Mike without ever actually refuting what he says. Most conservatives seem to think that their positions are intuitively true. It's the same thing that leads them, despite all evidence to the contrary, to claim that there's a liberal bias in the media. Then again, there are those commenters like Andy (who I think brought up Mike on that thread to begin with) who hates public education, unions, and teachers, and who should never be allowed to express an opinion on schools until he's taught in one. If I want to read intelligent discussion of education, I head to JennyD; if I want ravings by lunatics who want to destroy the public schools, I head to Joanne Jacobs.