Saturday, July 07, 2007

At This Rate, I'm Going To Have To Change My Nickname to "Eyewitness"

For the 2nd time this week I have witnessed an accident on Highway 59 in East Texas. Earlier this week, on a stretch loaded with businesses, a car trying to turn to go south pulled out in front of a northbound pickup. The driver of the car tried to take off, but seeing as how his rear axle was snapped he didn't get too far.

This afternoon, just south of Moscow, Texas, I saw an 18 wheeler log truck take a turn and roll over. Even from half a mile away it was spectacular.

Luckily, no one was hurt in either accident. Why don't people just slow down a little when the roads are wet?

2 comments:

Scott S. Floyd said...

I can feel your pain. I was in Gulf Shores when the 11 year old drunk driver ran through the light at 100 mph that we were going through. I had just pulled to the right lane to turn into our hotel when she blew past us on our side of the road with five cops in chase. A mile later she rolled it. Moron. The funny thing is the "outrage" by the readers posting comments asking where the parents were for this to happen and how they needed to be punished. If they only taught, they would not be so surprised.

"Ms. Cornelius" said...

How lucky that no one was hurt!